Tuesday, December 18, 2012

OMF Literature Inc.: "We Publish by the Book"

ONE OF OMF's BEST SELLERS...


Have you heard about Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF) Literature? It is a bookstore located at 776 Boni Ave cor Pinatubo St. 1550 Mandaluyong City Metro Manila, Philippines.
 
I was given a chance to attend OMF's Bloggers Night event and I was able to meet Mr. Aleks Tan, one of the speakers of the said event. He explained to us the different reasons why we read: to escape, to experience and to enrich ourselves. We read to life transformation, to inspire lives and most especially to encounter God by reading the Bible.

OMF's best selling book, "The Purpose Driven Life", a paperback format written by Rick Warren. This is one of my favorite books, but honestly, I wasn't aware that it was published by OMF. LOL. I just learned when Mr. Tan mentioned it.
Now, they want to introduce their literary pieces in E-Book format for easy access. Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don't have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither will you have to wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes even more to arrive in the mail. With today's technology, you can read E-Books everywhere, on the bus, train, airplane, or while standing in line.
 

After knowing about using E-Book on the Internet, I had fun doing different activities with OMF's different authors. I was able to meet OMF's best writers, like Grace Chong ("What Me Retire!"), Marlene Legaspi-Munar ("Add Mo Ko As Friend"),  Robert Magnuson ("Porcupirate"), Ruth Chang ("How To Win Your Child's Heart"), Malu Tiongson-Ortiz ("My Child Special Needs"), Nelson Dy ("How to Mend a Broken Heart"), and  Ronald Molmisa of ("Lovestruck").

They were all nice and awesome!


My favorite part of the event is getting to know the author of "Si Joey at ang Gulay Gang" and that's Beng Alba, to whom I was really thankful for because through her book, my son is now a "Vegetable Fanatic". LOL. She was also one of the speakers of the event.

I was so lucky that I was able to experience this wonderful and meaningful event because this encouraged me to read more and it made me realize what life can really offer to a person like me. How about you, ka-Momsie? Have you tried reading their books and E-Books? Try to experience it and it will definitely help you in dealing with people from different walks of life.

For my next post, ka-Momsie, I will introduce to you the different authors, their achievements and contributions. Maybe they can also inspire you into the world of writing. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mukang magaganda ang mga laman ng libro. thanks for sharing.

Beng Alba Jones said...

I'm glad na naging vegetable fanatic ang anak mo! :) Thank you for this post, even if my gratitude is more than two years delayed! :)